Monday, September 28, 2009

Run, You Runner!

Finally! I have started running for real! All it took was a race. A long (to me) hot, uphill race pushing 20 pounds of baby and stroller. But i finished it and loved it (after I was complete, of course!). Oh the pain the next day, but the only remedy was to go running again! I am determined to run the Mercedes half-Marathon in February!! But I will chroniclize this on another blog with my friend Bethany, because what's a goal without some blogging!!

I have been putting the houses within our house in order this past week. My what a dissarray they have been in! It feels fantastic and empowering to know what is going where and why. Not just organizationally but financially as well! Well mostly in the finance department. I am taking Crown Financial class at my old church. It's very similar to Dave Ramsey except maybe for Bibically focused? I say that not really knowin what D.R. is all about. But Crown has really opened up my eyes to what I need to do to get our finances in order. We are talkin BUDGET here, folks, for real. Not "Ohh, that's nice for the super organized poeple but i have my finances all summed up in my head. No this is really going to happen, because now that I am married there seems to be 2 different finances summed up in 2 different heads! None of that any more.

I made up the budget by using the percentages provided in the material based on the income. I'd have to say they were 75% correct. I am sure there are alot on line to get folks started. Of, course, you have to adjust them based on your lifestyle and what you would like to get them to. Oh and don't multiply the percents of the money spent by the gross income and instead of the net. Yeah.......it's a good thing I'm pretty....

After i figured all the amounts per month then it's super easy! Buying things become alot easier! As my Crown leader says "The budget becomes the enemy and not your spouse!"

No comments:

Post a Comment